My Fall Lipstick Picks 2018!

Thursday 18 October 2018



When fall comes around I love to bring out the darker shades. Here are my top picks this year! 
Also, excuse the no-makeup face, I just haven't felt like wearing makeup lately. I feel i've just been too tired to deal with it and that kind of sucks but at the same time it feels great. A little mascara and some lipstick and i'm out the door. 

(From left to right)
YSL - Le Rouge
Laura Mercier Velour Lovers - An Affair
Burberry Lip Velvet - Oxblood

(From top to Bottom)
Too Faced Melted Chocolate Liquified lipstick - Chocolate
Too Faced Melted Matte lipstick - Drop Dead Red
Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink - 45 - Escapist


*  *  *


1 - Burberry Lip Velvet in the shade "Oxblood"

This lipstick is my most favourite out of every one that I own. I've been using it for a couple of years and the colour is gorgeous, especially in the fall. It's my staple piece every fall. Also, the lipstick case is magnetic so that's pretty great.


2 - Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink  in the shade "45 - escapist"

I don't use this one too often but I like to wear it on those days where I want something more dark, intense, and edgy. It's not the easiest to apply, especially if you don't use a lip pencil, which I normally don't ever. I will have to start doing it with this one. Other than than, it applies well over the lips, in my opinion. I didn't get much of an uneven texture and colour like I would with many other dark lipsticks. I will add, though, that this product does leave a weird feeling or a tingling on the lips. If that kind of thing bothers you, I would say stay away from this one.


3 - YSL Limited Edition Lipstick in the shade "Le Rouge"

This was a new purchase. I never tried ysl lipsticks before but I was in need of a new red lip because my other ones were getting old. This shade is so gorgeous. It's the perfect elegant, red lip. This is a great all year round shade.


4 - Too Faced Melted Chocolate in the shade "Chocolate Honey"

I use this one quite a bit. Sometimes fully applied, other times I just dab a tiny bit to my lips. I'm always a fan. I tend to wear this one all year 'round as well. I find it a very calm shade. 


5. Laura Mercier in the shade  "An Affair"

Okay, this shade wasn't turning out right on camera, it was coming off more red, so I searched back through photos where I was wearing it to show it's true colour. It's a deep plum shade that really stands out. It's gorgeous for the fall. 


6. Too Faced Melted Matte in the shade "Drop Dead Red"

I've been trying this dark red-brown shade recently and i've been really loving it. It's matte and really pigmented. It applies really well. It's so intense that it's a bit difficult to take it especially without makeup remover which I actually don't use because I rarely wear anything besides mascara and eyeshadow on a daily basis. Sometimes I add a bit of shimmer eyeshadow on top (second photo) to make it a little more fun. 


*  *  *


Which shade was your favourite? And what has been your staple lipstick this fall?

31 comments

  1. You're going to look amazing this Fall Kelsey! Those lipsticks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bold dark colours of all six of your lipstick picks.
    You look very pretty in all of these photos!

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fav is YSL's rogue.

    Thank you so much for your wonderful comment on my last post.

    Maybe you can find time to read my new post: 6 Gorgeous Dresses Every Woman Must Own

    Much Love
    Akanksha
    Fictitious Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Super Stay Matte Ink!

    https://the-fight-for-a-dream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your makeup!!

    M.SW fashion magazine 💋 | M.SW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those shades
    perfect for Fall season.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice lipsticks for fall
    new:
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/5-tips-to-create-stellar-content-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore them all. And i have check them out, Thanks for sharing.
    https://theoptimisticgirl.com/2018/10/26/leopard-prints-the-trend-that-everyone-is-talking-about/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love lipstick, I don't leave home without.
    I loved every color, one more beautiful than the other.

    https://heyimwiththeband.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oxblood is my favourite but they all look amazing on you. I like to rock darker shades in autumn as well. It's a great season to get creative with our lipsticks and make up looks.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great colors, I love them all!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can never have too many lipsticks! You look gorge in all of these colors, hun! Happy Monday!
    XOXO,
    Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great fall lippies, babe- love your picks!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your makeup!!

    GoBestShops👗 | Wish.com Review
    Jewelry Blog 💍 | Sunflower Ring

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the darker shades! Great selection for fall. <3
    www.thefancycats.pt

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always love fall lipsticks and yours are pretty chic.
    Love it.

    Much Love,
    Jane | The Bandwagon Chic

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of these colours for fall
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing! Dark colored Lipstick suits you beautiful. :)

    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  19. These lipcticks look perfect on you, Kelsey, so lovely.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those colours look lovely on you! I really like the YSL red it is so pretty and perfect for fall.http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2018/10/5-ways-to-rock-mustard-this-fall.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of these but especially the melted matte! Drop dead red is so pretty on you.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all lovely dear. My fave would be the Burberry Lip Velvet in the shade "Oxblood". Such a classic look.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I aslo tend to darker, red lips during the autumn days.
    Your lipstick choice is so amazing.
    Thank you my dear.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love wearing dark purple lipsticks in fall and winter!! Thanks for sharing honey!

    GoBestShops👗 | Wish.com Review
    Jewelry Blog 💍 | Sunflower Ring

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous lipsticks. The YSL one is my favorite!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many pretty shades.
    I'm into these colors for the season as well
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahahah omg we made the same post, how cute *.* Loved your choices!
    xo
    Blog An Aesthetic Alien | Instagram | Facebook
    Youtube

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love all of them tbh!! i used to wear lot of burgundy
    colour lipticks but lately i just feel like wearing nude ones!!
    have a nice day ^^

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those colours are beautiful on you! You pick your shades so well! :)


    Hope that you are had a lovely weekend :) We took advantage of the warmth and sunshine by going to the park yesterday :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© A Shimmer A Shadow. Design by FCD.